Adesewa — Episode 13 & 14)

So, u see my dear, dir’s nobody without a past, but it doesn’t matter how ugly ur past is, a bright future awaits u if u are in Christ Jesus. said Mrs Williams. Now, to ur situation. She continued..We must find a means by which ur parents would hear about it, n then we take it up from there.
Let me talk to my husband about it, as i cant handle ds alone, then i’ll get back to u. When she left, i started thinking. i was so blessed n encouraged by her testimony, at least to learn dt someone with such an ugly past could turn out to be a pastor with ds motherly love n gesture is so amazing. Her words made me to develop a kind of courage n inner confidence coupled with faith dt God who made a way for her, is still dir to make a way for me too. Again, i remembered my dad!.
I sighed. Next weekend, he would be marking his 60th birthday, n expected me to be dir. How would i do it Lord? Later in d evening, Mrs Williams came to me n said “I’m sorry, i had to discuss ur case with my husband, its not my usual way of handling matters, but in a situation like ds, he just have to be involved. Like i told u earlier, i can’t handle it alone. “No problem ma”.I said. “Now, we have decided to go with u to Lagos to attend ur dad’s birthday, n thereby, use d opportunity to break d news to him n other members of d family.”
I could hear my heart beating very fast, in fact, i almost fainted.
“When exactly is d birthday?” she asked.
“It’s friday ma”.I answered.
“Oh!.I thought its saturday”.
“D birthday falls on friday, n he doesn’t want to shift it to Saturday, since dir’s a public holiday dt Friday”. I said. “Dt’s beautiful then, we’ll leave on friday morning, grace d occasion with him n break d news later in d evening when all d guests have left.” And, dt was just what we did.
My dad n everybody was shocked!. “Adesewa temi? …No it’s a lie!. How can i believe ds?. How come?. How did it happen?.
Where would i hide my face in d church?, among my christian friends?. What will i tell my pastor?. Ahahahah Yetunde!. I never expected ds from u. Oh my God!!.”
My mum was just weeping. My sisters n i were weeping too. Later, my dad said “Go with ur pastor o, i dont want to see u. U’ve put me to shame. I dont want to set my eyes on u”. We all knelt down n started begging him with tears flowing in our eyes, but he declined. He was too hurt. I knew why it was so painful for him. He was so proud of me, always treating me as his only daughter. At a time, Pastor Williams excused him to his room, where they spoke for about an hour. Pastor Mrs also took my mum to d corridor for a private talk.
By d time they came back, my dad was a bit calm, but i could see he was still boiling. D next day, i left with d Williams to Oyan.
My dad never called since then, it was only mummy dt was calling me from time to time to ask about my welfare n to encourage me. I never knew she was dt loving. I was staying with my pastor n his family as Mrs Williams didn’t allow me to go back to my house.
When we came back from Lagos, Mrs Williams said “Now call Bode tell him to come home n see u, n dt u are not going to
terminate d pregnancy, let’s hear what he will have to say.” What was his response?
….Episode 16….
I called Bode, n put on d phone’s speaker so Mrs Williams could hear our conversation.
Me: Hello Bode.
Bode: Hello,how are u?.
Me : I’m fine.
Bode: What about dt thing?. Have u removed it?.
Me: That’s why i’m calling u.
Bode: Hun Hun?.
Me: I cant do it, n i want u to come home so we can talk.
Bode: What else do we want to talk about?..Ehn?..U know how things are with me?.Is it my mum who had not been able to continue with her trading dt will be taking care of a pregnant lady? What if they got to know in church?, what do u think will
happen?. Think of ur parents too, how will they take it?. Pls, let’s get rid of ds pregnancy n continue with our lives.. Please, i beg of u.
Me: Fine.. but we still need to sort out some things. When are u coming home?.
Bode: Exam is fast approaching n i need to study, moreso, i have no transport fare.
Me: I will take care of dt. Pls come on friday, u can get back to school on saturday if u so wish. How about dt?.
Bode: Okay, let’s see how things will be during d week. But hear ds, if u refuse to remove dt thing, i will deny it o, bcs u know how i’ve been struggling since all these days,u know everything o. I hung up.
Mrs Williams heard everything. Before i left for school on Friday morning, Mrs Williams told me to go to my house after d school hours as Bode could come as promised. She however told me to send a text message to her as soon as he comes in.
I went straight to d corper’s quarters after school, tidied up my room which was in a mess. I was expecting Bode tru out d afternoon, he didn’t show up. I called his number but couldn’t get tru to him, so i guessed he was on d way.
Finally, around 6.40pm. He called me, informing me dt he was just getting to Oyan, but wanted to see his mum first, after which he’ll come n see me.
I quickly sent an sms to my pastor’s wife telling her what he told me. Bode came in around 8pm. Few minutes after he came in, Pastor n Mrs Williams also came in. He was so surprised to see them. We both greeted them n sat down. Bode kept on wondering what d meeting was all about. Pastor Williams said “Well, Bode,there’s nothing new under heaven any longer.
We’ve heard everything dt happened btw you and Sewa. I as a person, i’m not happy about it at all, n so is my wife. but in a situation like ds, we just have to leave everything to d hands of God. So, i want u to tell us now, who is responsible for ds pregnancy?.”
After a long pause, he murmured “Its me sir”. “Dt’s good. I thought u’ll deny it, n i also learnt u are suggesting abortion.. Not ds one, n not here, so take ur mind off dt. Ds baby has come to stay. Is dt taken?.”
“Ye-ye-yes sir”. He answered. “Now, let’s go to ur mum’s place.”
We got into d car n left for Bode’s family house. When his mum heard what happened, she couldn’t lift up her head. She just kept quiet. She didn’t say anything tru out. After leaving d place, i felt so bad. I wondered what was going on in d mind of Bode’s mum. Guess the next thing Bode’s mum said?
To Be Continued